Saturday, November 21, 2009

Daily Self Reflection: Building Self-Efficacy in Kindergarten


After much reflection and discussion we have decided to implement a new tool in our Kindergarten class to help students reflect upon and take responsibility for their daily behavior and learning. Each student will decide how well he/she met the goals of being respectful, responsible and safe. Together we will complete and review these mini-forms at the end of each day and each child will take home the form to share with a parent!

6 comments:

Mr. Halpern said...

Oh my - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this... did I mention I love this? I'm going to use this with my crew if you don't mind...

Joan Young (aka Mancini) said...

Thanks, I am so flattered. I love your blog and your amazing ideas! I need to be writing more but my classroom website and blog have kept me busy this year!

Mrs. McMahon said...

Great idea to end the day with the little ones, will you change it up occasionally or continue with this format? Just may need to borrow this to end the days and it can be quickly glued into our "Bluebooks" (take home booklets) for parents to see. Very useful post.

Joan Young (aka Mancini) said...

Thanks for the feedback! I am tempted to change it up, but those are the 3 goals/traits of our schoolwide positive behavior program. I may change it up in a month or 2, ( to make it more exciting) but the kids have just mastered the form and know what each box refers to. More importantly they check in voluntarily and ask, Do you think this is about right? And most importantly, we discuss the choices they can make next time if they had to mark the middle or end column. Let me know how it goes!

Kidlutions(tm): Solutions for Kids said...

Joan,

You have done it again! So important to have kids learn to monitior and adjust their OWN behavior. BRAVO...we need one of you in every classroom across America!

Wendy Young,LMSW,BCD

Shawnie said...

Great resource! I'd love to use this. Are you able to send this to me if I provide my email address? Also, do you have an editable option available? Thanks!